[lbo-talk] Fwd: [marxism-thaxis] Up and running

Charles Brown cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 05:21:11 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> Date: Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM Subject: [marxism-thaxis] Up and running To: marxism-thaxis at lists.riseup.net, Hans G Ehrbar <ehrbar at economics.utah.edu>

Well, it looks like that this list is up and running again after a hiatus of several months. As probably many of you are aware our hosting at the University of Utah servers came to an end at the end of May. But I have decided that while this has generally been a low volume list, we've had some worthwhile discussions from time to time. Hans Ehrbar, who for something like sixteen years, presided over the care of this and other lists on the University of Utah servers kindly provided me with the subscription list and the list archives, going back to 1998. I have had no problems resubscribing people to this list at the new host site, but unfortunately, I cannot import the archives from the old site into the archives on the new host site. If anybody knows of a place where I can upload the old archives so that they will be available to subscribers to this list that would be most greatly appreciated. The old archives are in the from mbox files. So anyplace where the old archives might be uploaded must support the importation of mbox files.

Meanwhile, I would like to thank Hans Ehbar for having spent many years caring for this and other progressives at the University of Utah. He was always very prompt at answering questions and providing tech support. And I would like to thank the volunteers at www.riseup.net. They provide free hosting to hundreds of different progressive-oriented discussion lists. Needless to say donations to them are greatly appreciated.

I think that's about it for now.

Jim Farmelant - Moderator/List Owner of Marxism-Thaxis http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfarmelant www.foxymath.com Learn or Review Basic Math ____________________________________________________________ The #1 Worst Carb Ever? Click to Learn #1 Carb that Kills Your Blood Sugar &#40;Don&#39;t Eat This!&#41; http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5421fff2480337ff10834st04duc