[lbo-talk] Am I or Am I Not Charlie?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Thu Jan 8 16:39:27 PST 2015

On Thu, January 8, 2015 6:29 pm, Bill Bartlett wrote:

> If taking over the job of making fun of these idiots from those the idiots
> have killed in revenge is what it means to be Charlie, then I'm willing.

But if they're such idiots, where's the fun in making fun of them? Particularly when one is simply repeating received wisdom. Hell, even the very dumbest people agree that they're idiots.

-- Michael Smith

It is very easy for someone to be good at math; most of the time the kind of math that economists do would not impress a mathematician, but it is enough to impress people around them in the school of social sciences. -- Thomas Piketty