[lbo-talk] Am I or Am I Not Charlie?

Paul Eckstein pecorn at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 8 18:43:53 PST 2015

I'm afraid I do not understand why it has always been a 'truism' of scientific method that one ought to take sides in a metaphysical dispute concerning the existence of universals.  Nominalism isn't a suitable orientation for either mathematicians or Marxists--both require the existence of classes--i.e., real universal relations--in order to work their magic.