[lbo-talk] Am I or Am I Not Charlie?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Jan 14 10:35:53 PST 2015

No! Such understanding may _emerge_ from class struggle; such emergence may even be a precondition for _victory_ in that struggle. But it is absurd to see it as a precondition for class struggle. And of course the proposition may be empty, depending on what is meant by "understanding ourselves."

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of JOANNA A. Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 7:43 PM To: lbo-talk Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Am I or Am I Not Charlie?

It just may be that class struggle demands understanding both ourselves and our opponents as antagonists.

Brian

---yes that's what I was trying to say.