[lbo-talk] On the dangers of faux statehood

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 21:20:25 PDT 2015

Unless you have a source other than the one you've linked to, I don't think that's correct. The article doesn't say any Palestinians with Swedish passports (presumably naturalised Swedish citizens) have lost them. It says Palestinians can no longer get Swedish travel documents, but that's not the same thing. And a Swedish travel document isn't any more useful than a Palestinian one.

The longer wait for citizenship is a disadvantage though, and I agree there doesn't seem to be any particular benefit to them, though perhaps that would change if enough countries followed Sweden's lead.