[lbo-talk] On the dangers of faux statehood

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 23:17:54 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 12:20 AM, Wendy Lyon <wendy.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:

It says Palestinians can no longer get Swedish travel documents, but that's
> not the same thing.

Sorry, "passports" vs. "travel documents" is one of those American/European things. For us, they're the same, at least as I've always heard the terms. Over there, I know "passport" often means "citizenship."

And a Swedish travel document isn't any more useful than a Palestinian one.

Umm ... yes, it totally is. Look at my link:

http://www.passportindex.org/byRank.php

Sweden is tied for third-best according to its Visa Free Score. Palestine is tied for absolute worst.

Or just ask anyone who's had the misfortune to travel with a Palestinian one.