[lbo-talk] Are you going to spend the next year shilling for Hillary, Charles?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Nov 29 13:45:27 PST 2015

Humor is a powerful means for cementing and maintaining solidarity ( and of course is simply fun), but I doubt that it has ever been effective as agitation -- as reaching those not already in the circle . Clinton admirers will, I fear, remain Clinton admirers however powerful the comic darts hurled her way -- but such darts will greatly entertain those of us who already despise her.

Carrol

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of James Creegan Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:12 AM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Are you going to spend the next year shilling for Hillary, Charles?

>> Charles Brown wrote:Doug Henwood said : "Are you going to spend the
>> next year shilling for Hillary, Charles ?"
>>
>> Charles responds : When did you
>> stop beating your dog , Doug Henwood ?

>> These two questions are in no way similar, comparable, parallel,
analogous or homologous.

> I think the answer is clearly "yes."

Is LBO-Talk attempting to become some kind of Colbert Report Online ? :)

Jean-Christophe

I should certainly hope not! Leftists are duty-bound to maintain at all times a leaden seriousness, and keep our interventions free of that most insidious weapon in the hands of the bourgeoisie: humor.