[lbo-talk] Abolish the Police

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Aug 9 13:48:06 PDT 2016

Hilary Clinton is perceptive in respect to this issue. I imagine most on this list are familiar with her words of 1996:

"[W]e also have to have an organized effort against gangs, just as in the previous generation we had an organized effort against the mob. We need to take these people on. They are often connected to drug cartels. They are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called 'super-predators.' No conscience, no empathy. We can talk about how they got that way but first we have to bring them to heel...."

Quite correct. We can argue over how police got the way they are, but that is secondary to the essential task of bring them to heel. That can only be done by (a) disarming them (as is the case with police forces in many 'advanced' nations) and (b) put themon foot, required to live in the neighborhoods they service. They are of course a far greater threat to domestic peace and tranquility than "The Mob" ever was.

They can't be reformed by kind methods. They must bne brpigjt tp jee;/

Carrol