[lbo-talk] Behind the News: Heightened Intra-capitalist Conflict under Secular Stagnation

David Martin davidtmartin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 03:27:22 PST 2016

The CIA is not a creature of the executive branch but of Wall Street and the corporatocracy, and, just like capital itself, it is rife with contradictions and conflicts. Looking at Steve Bannon's resume -- from the Security Studies program at Georgetown (the academic arm of U.S. intelligence agencies) and naval intelligence officer to Goldman Sachs and Hollywood propaganda films and Breitbart, I can say with a high degree of confidence that he is a covert operative serving an intelligence agency with a non-official cover. (I've known operatives with similar resumes as well as look at John Perkins' resume as an EHM). So what we are witnessing is factional warfare breaking out within the CIA and military, as one faction stole the election from another. One faction wants to provoke a crisis with Russia to provide a pretext for expanded military spending (e.g. Boeing and Lockheed Martin) while the other wants to integrate Russia into the global capitalist system more deeply to obtain its vast natural resources (e.g. ExxonMobil). This latter faction is also in alliance with the vulture capitalists (Mercer) and Wall Street investment banks (Goldman Sachs) that profit from financial speculation and crises, but the volatility and the deflation from financial crises negatively affect the production planning and commodity realization for global commodity producers with a manufacturing base in China (e.g. Silicon Valley). Like a "Godfather," Trump is now threatening the other faction with shots across the bow to get them in line. It is no accident that in midst of this conflict that Trump created a crisis with phone call with the President of Taiwan -- threatening to disrupt the GVCs of Sillicon Valley) or that he has threatened the largest military contractors with loss of contracts (e.g. Air Force One, F-35). That is, Trump is creating crises that threaten the other faction from which they must seek his protection -- and force them to kneel before the Godfather and kiss his ring, while he rewards the vulture capitalists, Wall Street investment banks, Big OIl, and CIA/military faction who support him with cabinet posts. A little carrot and stick from the carrot face and yellow top.

What do you think? What am I missing in this analysis? Thx! D