[lbo-talk] operation Bloomberg Interview at the Democratic debate

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Feb 5 09:38:46 PST 2016

[...] TODD: Secretary Clinton, let me turn to the issue of trade. In the '90s you supported NAFTA. But you opposed it when you ran for the president in 2008. As secretary of state, you supported TPP, and then -- which, of course, is that trade agreement with a lot of Asian countries, but you now oppose it as you make your second bid for president.

*If elected, should Democrats expect that once you're in office you will then become supportive of these trade agreements again?*

CLINTON: [...] I did help to renegotiate the trade agreement that we inherited from President Bush with Korea. We got the UAW on board because of changes we made. *So there are changes that I believe would make a real difference if they could be achieved*, but I do not currently support it as it is written. [...]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/04/sanders-clinton-debate-transcript-annotating-what-they-say/

What are the changes that she is promising to renegotiate? Inquiring minds want to know.