[lbo-talk] the next recession

James Creegan turbulo at aol.com
Sat Jan 30 12:50:30 PST 2016

Marv Gandall asked:

Frankly, if someone could explain to me the immediate practical implications of these conflicting crisis theories, I?d be grateful. Otherwise, the debate is mainly scholastic.

To listen to someone like Andrew Kliman, the political implications are no less than reform v. revolution. If one argues that underconsumption is the cause of the crisis, then Keynesian consumption-boosting government policies are a possible remedy. If, on the other hand, the FROP is the cause, there is no remedy outside the abolition of capitalism itself. This is not my view, just one I have heard stated.

Jim