[lbo-talk] Strategy in the Democratic Party

Ryan Mishler ryan.mishler at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 04:20:16 PST 2016

It seems like Bernie Sandersstrategy post-election is to take over the Democratic Party and make it moreprogressive.  I wanted to discuss this topic.  If he is successful Ithink that is great.  I am skeptical that something like this ispossible.  The Democratic Party has a history of being autocratic andhostile to change.  I think it would a better strategy for people to pushfor a multiparty political system like they have in many Europeancountries.  The two party political system is over 150 years old and hasbecome a political bureaucracy where good ideas go to die.  For most of his career Sanders was running as an independent, not as aDemocrat.