[lbo-talk] Petty Bourgeois (was "Big Business Takes Distance... ")

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Thu Feb 2 13:18:26 PST 2017

On 03/02/2017, at 4:13 AM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> But teaching clearly does not create value (in the Marxist sense of "value." […]

Well I'm no Marxist scholar, but I would have thought it was obvious that education increases the productive capacity of the worker dramatically. So it is part of the production process, that eventually creates value. It follows that you must be wrong.

If Marx agrees with you, then Marx must also be wrong, but not having sufficient education in the intricacies of Marx's theories, my opinion on that matter is of less "value".

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas