[lbo-talk] A few fragments

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Feb 20 12:41:40 PST 2017

...the small rain down can rain.

Christ, that my love were in my arms, and I in my bed again.

----- Original Message ----- If design govern in a thing so small

. . .my pulse, like a soft drum

But still I love thee without art Ancient person of my heart

Gull against the wind

We should like to know how that was done

Their eyes, their ancient glittering eyes, are gay

Western wind, when wilt thou blow

And take the winds of march with beauty

God said, let Newton be, and all was light

This filthy simile, this beastly line Quite turns my stomach P. So does flattery mine

A girl who knew all Dante once

For a moment she rested against me Like a swallow half blown to the wall

Die early and avoid the fate

To knock, that a Blunt should open

A burnt match skating in a urinal

That scalds me now-that scalds me now!

Thou last great prophet of tautology

The music in my heart I bore Long after it was heard no more

The wanton troopers riding by

Oh thou Dalhousie, the great God of War Lieutenant-Colonel to the Earl of Mar

They hand in hand with wandring steps and slow, Through Eden took thir solitarie way.

Light fighting for speed

Now my old bawd is dead

Both sides of the river, we died just the same.