[lbo-talk] New book on global warming solutions

Eugene Coyle e.coyle at me.com
Mon Jun 12 22:59:03 PDT 2017

Paul Hawken is the editor of a new book offering 100 ways to fight global warming. Titled DRAWDOWN.

I think it is an obscenity.

A friend reviewed it favorably for The Nation so I took a look at it at my neighborhood bookstore.

A lot of research work and creative ideas went into the book, many worth pursuing.

Lots of glossy photos. The overall impression is that climate solutions are at hand, so relax and enjoy the income that lets you put this book on your coffee table so your visitors will realize you are concerned.

Nothing in the index about income distribution — without which, within the developed countries and between the developed and undeveloped countries the climate is doomed.

Gene