OPE-L (was Re: Krugman on Marx)

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Wed Aug 19 10:56:53 PDT 1998

Andrew Kliman wrote:

> Mark Jones wrote:
>
> "Enough."
>
> No, not enough. I don't know whether he thinks his arrogant,
> patronizing comment that "I even think that Andrew has a role to
> play" is some sort of substitute for a direct response to my
> challenge, but it isn't.

Actually that was me eating crow, more or less (you don't know me, yet).

> I therefore repeat the challenge:
>
> "having read Kliman on Okishio (what exactly, please?), [Jones]
> finds
> that it doesn't advance 'a jot or a tittle beyond the debates
> about
> Morishima.'... I challenge Jones to defend this statement
> seriously, or to retract it. For instance, I'd like to see him
> demonstrate that my work, and the similar work of John Ernst,
> Alejandro Ramos, and Alan Freeman,
> has not in fact refuted the Okishio Theorem on its own terms --
> the irrefutability of which was taken for granted in the days of
> the debates about Morishima."

OK, Sir Andrew, you're on. Send me the papers you think I ought to have read, tho, becaue I really and truly have no time to sit in a library right now.

And are you sure this list is the right place for me to oblige you? Maybe Sven's Capital Reading Group would be more appropriate. But suit yourself.

BTW, Drewk sounds like an involuntary bodily function. Do you really encourage people to address you thus? (I assume it's de rigeur to utter a few horrible insults while hurling gloves to the floor).

Mark

-- Mark Jones http://www.geocities.com/~comparty