Japan, US, gang up on China & Sniffing Conspiracy

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 7 16:49:18 PST 1998

> [...]
>reportedly charged with "inciting the overthrow of the
>government," while Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhu Bangzao
>announced that Qin and Xu were "suspected of involvement in
>activities endangering state security." While the dissidents have
>faced government harassment since they launched a campaign in
>June of this year to establish and register the China Democracy
>Party, this is the first time that such serious charges have been
>brought against them. Wang, Xu, and Qin could face life in prison
>if convicted.
>
>On December 3, China's state prosecutor accepted the case against
>Wang. The speed with which the case is being processed has led
>Chinese opposition groups abroad to surmise that Beijing has
>already decided to imprison Wang. They also argue that the
>crackdown was long planned, but was only launched following the
>last of a series of high-level diplomatic exchanges until March
>of next year. The China Democracy Party is not the only target of
>Beijing's crackdown. On December 4, China began the closed-door
>trial of Lin Hai, a businessman who allegedly provided lists of
>Chinese e-mail addresses to overseas dissident magazines. Lin has
>been charged with inciting the overthrow of the state.
>
>At a press briefing on December 2, White House spokesman Joe
>Lockhart said the U.S. "deplores" the arrests of the dissidents
>and had communicated that view to China through the U.S. embassy
>in Beijing. U.S. State Department spokesman James Rubin called
>the arrests "a serious step in the wrong direction." Zhu
>responded in a news conference on December 3 that the arrests
>were "a matter of China's internal affairs," and that Beijing was
>"opposed to any country, including the United States, interfering
>in China's internal affairs." He insisted that China was a one-
>party state with the support of the Chinese people, and would not
>tolerate the formation of opposition parties.
>
>Now the U.S. has made the next move in the diplomatic dispute,
>facilitating Zhao's visit to Japan. Furthermore, the U.S. is
>already negotiating with Taiwan over the island's desire to
>purchase new weaponry, including four Aegis destroyers. And
>Washington and Tokyo are both suggesting that Taiwan may be
>brought into a theater missile defense system. With Japan
>apparently joining the dissident dispute, major avenues of
>potential economic aid for China are now closing. The U.S. and
>Japan are apparently ready to knock China down a notch,
>especially if China wants financial aid. As we do not expect
>China to back down at this time, we wonder where Beijing will
>choose instead to lash out. Taiwan is one option, and North Korea
>is another.

>To receive free daily Global Intelligence Updates,
>sign up on the web at http://www.stratfor.com/mail/,
>or send your name, organization, position, mailing
>address, phone number, and e-mail address to

Henry, Enzo, anyone got a clue what's going on. Could there have been a decision to do some capital destruction at the expense of the Chinese?

> [...]
>political conspiracy by the President's enemies on the SSCI to
>make this public before the impeachment committee signs off on
>their recommendation.
>
>Track 4 -- There was in fact a major technology transfer program
>to China, but it was a Trojan horse. In other words, while major
>technology was transferred to China, the technology was either
>carefully flawed or embedded with some sort of monitoring system
>that would permit U.S. intelligence to monitor its use and
>neutralize its capabilities. Hughes and other companies were
>participating in a complex, covert operation that had to appear
>to be a security failure on the part of the United States in
>order to achieve its ends. The CIA, having recruited Hughes for
>a covert operation, must help Hughes cover its tracks. This
>conspiracy is so sensitive that the CIA never mentioned it to the
>SSCI and it is now leaning on Hughes to keep the secret. In this
>scenario, Hughes and the CIA are patriotic heroes and the SSCI is
>blundering around, lousing everything up. (By the way, we have
>no evidence whatever for this track. In addition we are not
>revealing anything to the Chinese with this speculation because
>the Chinese are a lot smarter than STRATFOR and much more
>paranoid. We have nothing to teach them about being suspicious).
>
>Let's throw another one in. Remember right after the Wye
>Agreement, the Israelis announced that Jonathan Pollard, the
>Israeli spy, would be released as part of the agreement?
>Remember that he wasn't released? Remember that it leaked a few
>days later that George Tenet had threatened to resign if Pollard
>was released? Well, the only one who would have wanted to leak
>that story was Tenet, because it made him look really good at the
>agency. It also made Clinton look like a wimp. Clinton couldn't
>fire him at the time, because he couldn't afford to look like he
>was caving in to the Israelis. Clinton must have been extremely
>annoyed with Tenet for the threat and the leak. If this affair
>proves as damaging as it appears to be, Tenet's career is over,
>regardless of what he knew. Maybe this is just the White House
>taking care of a bit of unfinished business.
>
>So, we have cronyism, criminal conspiracy, political conspiracy,
>covert conspiracy and inside-the-beltway conspiracy to choose
>from. We genuinely don't know which is the real story. But we
>don't think it is trivial. This affair could be a wedge into a
>very important and complex part of American history. Someone is
>issuing an extremely public invitation to investigate a critical
>issue with grave implications. It is almost as if someone is
>painting a map. The revelation of this single, relatively minor
>security breach could wind up explaining a great deal about the
>recent past. There may be simple and innocent explanations.
>There may be complex and dark explanations. But, for what little
>they are worth, our instincts tell us that this is the place

Has any one heard mention of this story by the impeachment posse, Reno, or anyone else in Babylon?

YES, CHILD. CONSPIRACY THEORIES REALLY DO COME TRUE. (tuck, tuck)

Back out into this balmy night. Smooches, Paula