Wellstone & Bradley

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Tue Dec 8 06:07:29 PST 1998

> Somebody tell me bad stuff about Bill Bradley. He sounds pretty good in
> interview, but I know there's more to it. And why Dollar Bill.

Dollar Bill was his basketball nickname.

Bill is in my mind the exemplar of corporate liberalism, the ultimate solid defender of the system, and the most effective promoter of unthreatening, if possibly constructive reforms. He's probably better than Gore. He's not bad as a placeholder pending some kind of credible progressive movement that would sustain a candidate or a third party.

He will have lots of elite support, money and media-wise. He looks to be squeaky clean. Chief drawback is he is very dull; Gore is actually witty by contrast. Would be a pretty good candidate in the general election against someone equally uncharismatic, like Bush Junior.

We could do a lot worse.

MBS