cyberutopian libertarianism

Enzo Michelangeli em at who.net
Mon Dec 14 00:02:30 PST 1998

Yeah, OK, but can't we just import the stuff from where it costs less to make?

Enzo

-----Original Message----- From: Tom Lehman <TLEHMAN at lor.net> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Monday, December 14, 1998 1:31 PM Subject: Re: cyberutopian libertarianism

>Dear Enzo,
>
>All this electronic stuff is very nice. I myself have worked on projects
like
>maximizing electric power generation while minimizing the use of expensive
>fuels. My bosses were happy and my union brothers and me were rewarded.
There
>was also a nice little social benefit to this in that we were able to use
>byproduct gas efficiently rather than see it flared off the stack.
>
>Enzo, the real problem is that although electronics can help control
process
>equipment they do little or nothing to solve basic human problems like safe
>water, sanitary systems, irrigation, food, shelter, clothing etc. etc.
Sure