Consumer debt crunch and division by two

Edward E Skiba us020492 at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 8 13:42:35 PDT 1998

Doug Henwood wrote:

>Eh?
>
>* The voluntary quit rate in the U.S. is the highest in years;

It is my understanding that the government discontinued the research and anaylsis necessary to determine the quit rate, along with several other "minor" indices as part of the Reagan-era budget cuts. I can still remember the uproar in, of all places, the Reagan-worshiping Barron's magazine at the time this happened. Has the government returned to compiling this index? If not I would be interested who is.

in struggle,

ED