"Better times" cannot sustain stock prices

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Sun May 3 11:25:09 PDT 1998

Doug Henwood wrote:

> The profit upturn over the last 15 years has been pretty impressive, and

> it's strong evidence that Anwar Shaikh is right about the U.S. being in an
> up K-wave.

The problem I have with K-waves is that there is no more evidence that they exist than that you get showers in April. I read Patrick's piece but I still don't believe in it. What's happening in the US is the flipside of what's not happening elsewhere and anyway is influenced, I think, by the ongoing rewards from winning the Cold War. Just where is the technology for a new K-upswing? The Net? Give me a break.

Mark