pak nukes...Now. General Query on CFR

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Fri May 29 04:40:22 PDT 1998

> I strongly emphasize at this point, that these rich men had no
> authority from the Constitution, or any other authorizing legal
> document to create these organizations of control and / or
> influence over our so called democratic political system.

Sure they did. It's called the First Amendment, which guarantees citizens freedom of speech and the right to peaceable assemble to petition the government. I hate to be picky about it, but the CFR's activities, at least in existing and advising the government, are entirely legal.

Incisdentally, the participation of Presidential advisers, top foreign policy officers like the Sec of State, and sometimes the Pres. himself in the CFR indicate that the Pres has authorized the CFR to advise the government, which is within the presidential foreign affairs power, although it is not necessary for the legality of theCFR's activities.

> They did it because they could subvert and corrupt ANY political
> system with their enormous and often ill-gotten wealth. They did
> it to make certain that strong nation state governments would NEVER
> allow changes in the economic system that made them rich. And
> they would use the strong nation state's military power to extend
> their markets, steal other nations' resources, and defend their
> private properties and Corporations from internal and external threat.
> - J2

Well, duh, they act to pomote and protect their interests.

--jks