Invention of the white race

michael michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri May 29 08:59:28 PDT 1998

The party mix was very confused before the Civil War. The Dems were the party of urban immigrants and southern planters, both before and after the war. When the Rupubs. began, they took political leaders from the Dems and the Whigs, but the urban immigrants and southern planters stayed with the Dems.

The Dems also tended to represent large merchant capital, both before and after the Civil War.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu