olive oil & biomass

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Wed Nov 11 08:30:08 PST 1998

Spanish legislation is very strict when it comes to labeling olive oil. Not so here, I suspect. The acidity levels are rarely displayed. I do think that the distinction between virgin, regular and pomace still holds, though. Just bear in mind that, absent clearly label acidity levels, there is no reason why the more expensive virgin oils should be better than others. There is, however, a big difference between virgin, regular and pomace.