Jeb! (Re: Why 90s were Great for Progressive Electoral Efforts)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Sat Nov 14 15:58:56 PST 1998

Yeah, Jeb! did some pandering to the Cuban and Black communities, but what helped him most of all was a massive series of Dem fuckups and one of the most incompetant campaigns ever run. I'm glad it's over. The duelling campaign slogans were "Jeb!" and "Buddy's Our Buddy!" and they grew quite wearisome very quickly. In today's paper I read that Jeb! told Jesse Ventura that his big brother could beat him up. Jesse allowed that a Texan hasn't shamed him yet and he didn't reckon it was going to happen.

frances