Tim Reid

Maria Gilmore Maria.Gilmore at gte.net
Sun Nov 22 08:19:36 PST 1998

It's nice to have a question on this list that I, with my entertainment background, can answer. <G>

pms wrote:

> BTW, does an;yone know if Tim Reid, tv actor and producer I read about, is
> the same guy that used to be on Barney Miller was that it? you know, with
> Fish?

Tim Reid, I was a little surprized to find out, has done a buttload of TV work over the past 20+ years, but "Barney Miller" was not part of it. He's best known for his role as DJ Venus Flytrap in the original "WKRP in Cincinnati", and for a very good, very short-lived series he starred in and I believe produced or coproduced called "Frank's Place". He was also a regular on the limited series of '77, "The Richard Pryor Show." The actor on "Barney Miller" that I think you're thinking of was Ron Glass.

Maria