Tom L. and The Urban Grinder

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 29 07:42:14 PST 1998

Hey Tom,

Talked to a knowledgeable person at Sears yesterday. They didn't have their $139.00, electric, stationary leaf shredder in stock. She said it was probably cause, even the smallest twig broke the fishing line type cutting mechanism and a lot haad been returned. I was so disappointed when I learned they almost had it. If they'd only used a blower/vac type blade, only a bit bigger perhaps, they'd have had a product many people obviously want, but doesn't seem to exsist-the Urban Grinder. The blower/vac blade works just fine on the tiny twigs it is impossible to remove from the leaves, but the small throat gets clogged if one gets in at the wrong angle. So this seems very doable, and desirable, since Sears sells a lot of these, with a majority returned because of a bad design.

Anybody got a small chunk of venture capital in seach of accumulation?

Slinking towards the chores. pms