Chomsky, Keynes, and Naziism

Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu
Tue Oct 6 14:21:14 PDT 1998

Rakesh,

As I think you know (or should know) the term "bastard Keynesianism" was originally due to Joan Robinson (whom, I gather, you disapprove of) and was applied to the

the "neo-Keynesian" synthesis a la Hicks-Hansen and Samuelson.

This is the sense in which Lynn Turgeon uses the term. And it refers to the doctrine as "bastard," not the promulgators of the doctrine; although I have no doubt that Joan R. herself probably did call Uncle Paul S. a "bastard" at some point or other during the infamous Cambridge controversies in the theory of capital debates.

BTW, it is certainly inaccurate to infer from Lynn's observations on Hitlerian economic policy that he is (or ever was) a fan of Hitler or his policies in general. Get a grip. Barkley Rosser On Tue, 6 Oct 1998 16:09:20 -0400 (EDT) Rakesh Bhandari <bhandari at phoenix.Princeton.EDU> wrote:

-- Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu