Adjuncts

Paul Henry Rosenberg rad at gte.net
Tue Oct 20 12:25:24 PDT 1998

jf noonan wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
> > Frances Bolton (PHI) wrote:
> >
> > >Actually, I think adjuncts are a notch down from TAs.
> >
> > Yeah, at Yale, if I'm remembering right from a year ago, the TAs got about
> > $5,000 per course and the adjuncts $2,500.
>
> So at USF and Yale TA's are paid by the course? Is this a humanities
> thang? When I was in grad school (chemistry, state uni), TA's were
> paid a flat rate within a discipline for the academic year.

You want low pay? Look into TAs on the undergrad level. I taught pre-calculus to (almost exclusively) econ majors who thought they'd be able to graduate without taking calculus & usually hadn't had any math at all in 3 years. I wasn't even a senior.

-- Paul Rosenberg Reason and Democracy rad at gte.net

"Let's put the information BACK into the information age!"