Alex Cockburn (was Re: If the shoe fits...)

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Fri Sep 18 07:59:34 PDT 1998

>>Can someone who covertly (and approvingly) quotes from Enver Hoxha's
>>memoirs be a real Trot?
>>

>Clearly I have not been reading my Cockburn with enough close attention...

Perhaps not but this was a rational allocation of resources.

AC is good at debunking stories that the mainstream media is compelled to support, simply because they are too jarring to public notions of how the country works. Notable was his expose of the fable about Iraqi soldiers removing Kuwaitii babies from their incubators. Another was the one about the tearful Congressional witness to Iraqi atrocities who turned out to be an aspiring actress and member of Kuwait's ruling family.

MBS