anarchism

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Dec 6 08:49:32 PST 1999

Or, as Angela said:

>i, for one, welcome the tactical and political diversity. without that,
>movement becomes ossified.

One of the reasons I started this list was to try to do something about all these awful splits - cultural/real politics, Marxists/postmodernists, class/identity, etc. - to which we can now add anarchist/Marxist. Do the masses of Seattle protesters, whether middle-aged Steelworkers or young anarchists, have what I see as a satisfying analysis of capitalism? No, they don't. But then I couldn't have organized anything like that action, or actions (since they were very plural). We all need each other.

Doug