MAD TV on World Trade/Christmas

Mattcapri at aol.com Mattcapri at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 19:05:18 PST 1999

As I type, MAD TV is running a lovely nasty sketch on the "secret of Santa's

workshop" - namely child labor sweatshops in Honduras, including a factory

inspection by a doubting child, where Santa acts the role of covering up the

exploitation and hunger of his child workers. "Don't be a bleeding heart

Johnny, Don't you want your sneakers?"

In the past 2 weeks SNL has had 2 sketches including jokes about hunger. The first "Who wants to eat?" was a disturbing spoof of ""Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" the other was a post Y2K apocolyptic NPR spoof, folks sharing recipes for pan fried dristan tablets. I think the scary part was that afterward I slept like a baby. Never mind girl groups in the top ten what the hell are we to make of sketches like these? or is this the wrong list for these questions? anybody?