Capitalist support for fascism....

MScoleman at aol.com MScoleman at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 06:15:53 PST 1999

<< My point was that many other fascist policies in other countries did not work

as smoothly. What made Hitler's policies different ?.

I think, in part, because Germany was very isolated. In general, keynesian policies are meant to work in a closed economy -- the wages of the workers are spent locally, circulate locally, and hire more local labor. Second, there was a very common culture -- more common than many other European countries. People wanted the policies to work, they believed in Hitler, revered him, and made the policies work. While Hitler was a dictator who vigorously pursued enemies, MOST Germans happily supported him and the dictatorship -- at least in the beginning. maggie coleman mscoleman at aol.com