Heat and Light and Civility

Mon Jan 11 08:14:38 PST 1999

Nathan and others, I am not in the least bit bothered by Carrol. Don't worry--though I thank Doyle, Jacques, Angela, Nathan, Doug, and others for encouragement even they have disagreed with me. My reply will be delayed only because I need to write about a few other things for a few days--and this exchange really was enveloping me. I am glad that new thoughtful people from Angela to Arthur have entered the exchange in the last few days. I look forward to thinking through a reply to Ken's latest post and Arthur's stimulating post as well. Yours, Rakesh