Did you say Katha Pollitt?

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 28 16:47:03 PST 1999

>when I brought this up on another list, Katha Pollit and others noted that
>this wasn't new.

WHAT LIST IS KATHA POLLITT ON? huh, huh, huh, huh?

>So, now ya gotta defend this theory of knowledge--how you can know the
>truth, while I can't. Marxist intellectual history has been plagued by
>this debate, see.
>
>Kelley

Naut-uh. I don't. I need to write a letter to the ed or something, cause today lil ally g. said to save soc.sec. we'll hafta cut benefits or raise taxes.

I didn't say you didn't know the truth. Or that being a woman doesn't mean you're not powerful. I don't know who starts these rumors, damnit. I think two people can do exactly the same think and for one, it's an authentic gesture, while for the other it's a reaction. Or something like that. I like what Butler's saying, I just think the way she says it is silly.

BTW, I don't think the pols see Alan as a father. I think they see him as a potential mate.

What about June Jordan? Kate Millet? Where can I find these women?

smooches-p