Wesley Clark, MIA?

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Thu Jun 10 11:14:13 PDT 1999

I apologize for posting over the limit, but I wanted to pass on this intriguing item from Slate's "Today's Papers":

"A curious personality angle to the war's endgame utterly escapes notice. Until a week or so ago, NATO commander Gen. Wesley Clark was a fixture of the story. He was quoted often and his desires to have more air and ground assets than was originally contemplated at the war's inception prompted and framed much of the discussion in the papers about the proper conduct of the operation. But right now, the only NATO general you can find in the papers--and boy, can you find him--is British Gen. Mike Jackson. So the question is, Where is Wesley Clark? Staying in the background for the good of the negotiations? In the Clinton doghouse? The papers don't say."

Carl Remick