School vouchers

Enrique Diaz-Alvarez enrique at anise.ee.cornell.edu
Tue Mar 16 09:06:50 PST 1999

Max Sawicky wrote:

> With the right selection of pupils, it is
> not be hard for a vendor to make money.

That is the point. If you prevent vendors from selecting students, I doubt any would be able to make money. As to implementation, it doesn't seem so hard to prevent socilaization of losses and privatization of gains, although this may be my blissful ignorance of all things governmental speaking. I am not talking about complex racial discrimination measures or anything like that, I am talking about kicking out of the program any school that poses any admission barrier in front of any student for any reason.

-- Enrique Diaz-Alvarez Office # (607) 255 5034 Electrical Engineering Home # (607) 272 4808 112 Phillips Hall Fax # (607) 255 4565 Cornell University mailto:enrique at ee.cornell.edu Ithaca, NY 14853 http://peta.ee.cornell.edu/~enrique