Modest proposal to end the war

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri May 28 13:20:45 PDT 1999

Dennis R Redmond wrote:

>the Greens (if they exist as an
>organization in your state)

The Greens as an organization is/are a pretty funny thing. As I recall, there were 4 different candidates for president running under the Green banner in 1996. The New York State Green party had two different vice presidential candidates; one group hates the other group, and I can't remember why. Part of this is no doubt traceable to an anarchist joie de vivre, which is charming enough, but I'm not sure how effective it is as an approach to politics.

I stopped following the Greens after 1996 - what's been happening since?

Doug