Henwood vs. Cockburn

Jeffrey St. Clair sitka at home.com
Thu Nov 11 09:46:58 PST 1999

Doug Henwood wrote:

> As for his assertion that I was afraid to get out of the car in the
> Pacific Northwest, I have no idea what he's talking about. I got
> right out of the car and walked into Jeff St Clair's house when I
> visited Portland in 1997, with no fear of my shadow or armed white
> separatists.

I'll vouch for Doug on that. Actually, I was never the least concerned that Doug was going to tangle with the ONWO (Opponents of the New World Order). Not in this part of the Nanny State, anyway. I was mainly concerned that Doug's novice driving skills might inflame the passions of some of the NASCAR-in-training types (Californians, all) that rip up and down I-5. But he did fine.--jsc