Henwood vs. Cockburn

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 11 09:55:27 PST 1999

Jeffrey St. Clair wrote:

>I'll vouch for Doug on that. Actually, I was never the least concerned
>that Doug was going to tangle with the ONWO (Opponents of the New World
>Order). Not in this part of the Nanny State, anyway. I was mainly
>concerned that Doug's novice driving skills might inflame the passions
>of some of the NASCAR-in-training types (Californians, all) that rip up
>and down I-5. But he did fine.--jsc

Not novice, but very rusty. I started driving at age 16 but pretty much stopped at age 27. Then my license expired - and I went so long without one that I had to start all over with a learner's permit and take a road test at the advanced age of 44. I don't like driving - it's so boring but it still demands all your attention. I'd rather ride on a bus.

Doug