Populism as Masquerade (was Re: Henwood vs. Cockburn)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Nov 14 10:06:54 PST 1999

Marta Russell wrote:

> I'd add to this the prison guard union in California- which has tremendous
> wealth and for all practical purposes owns both parties - but has been a
> most backwards corrupt force in the state.

Not the least of the mistakes -- one might almost say crimes -- of the AFL-CIO is that AFSCME counts prison guards as workers. I live only 35 miles from the Illinois prison at Pontiac Illiinois -- and I do believe the guards there are the most vicious "gang" in the state of Illinois. They have about as much right to be accepted as workers as the guards at Buchenwald.

Carrol