A Modest Challenge

Wed Nov 17 09:31:52 PST 1999

How come you are not responding to me ? I'm the one you were talking to when you said Chip Berlet is hysterical on this.

You say:

"I don't really agree with much in your quoted paragraphs, I'm afraid. I just don't think you can equate the pain, suffering and death caused by "antidemocratic neocapitalism" (what's "new" about it?) and the invasive powers of the police state (we are now trying and convicting 11-year old black boys for murder) to the facist and racist ideology of a few thousand boneheads. "

As a matter of fact there seem to be lots of similarities between general American type libertarian ideologies of the outstate ( outlandish ?) Michigan barbarians who passed the law allowing trial of children as adults and the militias. As a matter of fact , how come the militias aren't having military maneuvers in protest against such laws here in Michigan ? Unfortunately , with Reaganism, fascistic and racist ideology is held by 10's of milliions of boneheads,not thousands, and they are controlling the whole state government of Michigan and other states, as well as the federal government.

CB

>>> "Jeffrey St. Clair" <sitka at home.com> 11/17/99 12:03PM >>>
Hello Chip,

I didn't overlook your challenge. I've been away from my computer for the past couple of days--our daughter had been hospitalized (cracked up her car). If I get the time today or tomorrow, I'll try to excavate some of the material Ridgeway and I took with us on our tour of the Interior West in the wake of Oklahoma City.

As I recall, it wasn't so much your "writings" per se that I found "hysterical" (I don't mean to suggest that Jim shared my opinion, I assume he didn't), but a list of groups that ought to be watched and the way that list had percolated up the food chain of liberal groups, mutating in ever-increasing levels of toxicity and hysteria along the way.