[Fwd: Populism, Southern Fried with a Newmanite, Fulaniite, PJB Glaze]

Apsken at aol.com Apsken at aol.com
Sat Nov 20 19:39:51 PST 1999

About 15 years ago the New Alliance Party sued Charles Tisdale, publisher of the Jackson Advocate (weekly newspaper serving Jackson's black community) and myself for two million dollars after the paper published a series of articles I wrote about the Newman cult, which was trying to build a base in Mississippi. We exposed Fred Newman's funding by the military at a time he professed to be an anti-war activist, his organization's phony left but racist lunacies of the sixties, their merger with Lyndon LaRouche's National Caucus of Labor Committees which they continued to support politically even after leaving, and their cultish authoritarianism. Although we could have had the case dismissed on a summary judgment motion, we allowed and pursued full discovery, tried the case on the facts, and won. NAP's Mississippi attorney, confronted with my huge file of their publications, remarked to one of their national leaders, "It looks like he knows more about your organization than you do."

Ken Lawrence