[Fwd: Populism, Southern Fried with a Newmanite, Fulaniite, PJBGlaze]

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Sun Nov 21 07:12:14 PST 1999

Hi,

Not only was the series on the New Alliance Party that Ken Lawrence worked on a stellar example of investigative reporting, but when the defamation lawsuit was filed, the depositions turned into a disaster for the NAP when one of their former leaders (who had previously remained silent) used his deposition to denounce the Newmanites.

When the NAP lost the case, in typical totalitarian style, they ran a newspaper headline anouncing they had won!

-Chip

p.s. The link between the Sullivanians and the Newmantes is tenuous, there is better stuff to critique the Newmanites on, although the Newmanites and the Sullivanians both drew from the same well of psycho-sexual analysis pioneered by LaRouche.

----- Original Message ----- From: <Apsken at aol.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Saturday, November 20, 1999 10:39 PM Subject: Re: [Fwd: Populism, Southern Fried with a Newmanite, Fulaniite, PJBGlaze]

> About 15 years ago the New Alliance Party sued Charles Tisdale, publisher
of
> the Jackson Advocate (weekly newspaper serving Jackson's black community)
and
> myself for two million dollars after the paper published a series of
articles
> I wrote about the Newman cult, which was trying to build a base in
> Mississippi. We exposed Fred Newman's funding by the military at a time he
> professed to be an anti-war activist, his organization's phony left but
> racist lunacies of the sixties, their merger with Lyndon LaRouche's
National