empty gravesite[Fwd: MR. KENIGS HAS 2ND THOUGHTS]

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Fri Oct 15 08:10:50 PDT 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Michael Pugliese wrote:

> More from Mr. Isreal can be found at http:www.retrogression.com -an
> e-zine of music and revolution

Oh this is rich. I got this far and saw no point in continuing:

<quote>

Retrogression is a return to an earlier state. We wish to return to a time when diverse opinions were offered in various forms of communication. We wish to return to a time when all people's creativity was valid, when music was something that brought people together and built and strengthened community - as opposed to the current situation where music divides those on stage from those not on stage, and invalidates the views of those not on stage, doubly invalidating the views of those who can not afford CDs. We wish to return to a time when music was a part of life rather than a distraction from it. We wish to return to a time when music was an inspiration for struggle rather than a chamion of the status-quo. We wish to retrogress, once again, to a time when music was made by people, for people.

</quote>

I love nostalgia -- and it makes for an excellent politics. Doesn't everyone agree? [What the hell are they doing with a web page? They didn't exist in the Good Old Days(tm)]

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com