Wiranto sings

rc-am rcollins at netlink.com.au
Mon Sep 20 20:19:38 PDT 1999

zdravei, elena and jeff,

> "To cheers from retired military officers at a
> party, Defense Minister Gen. Wiranto
> dedicated the song to foreign journalists: 'I
> hope you have the same feelings, like me, for East Timor.'

wiranto did not sing the song to show his feelings for east timor, but he sang it as an homage to the western media's newly-discovered morality and emotion.

not to defend wiranto, but to suggest that here was an occassion in which the media certainly missed the sarcasm, which being at their expense, of course they would present it as ineffably mad. wiranto is not mad. evil perhaps, but no different then to most of the media.

> I can't go on. This is just too sick. You always knew the song
> was rotten, but evil?

i think wiranto would agree with you. this is exactly why he sung it. all part of his unofficial election campaign for deputy...

Angela _________