CAR SURVEY

alex lantsberg wideye at ziplink.net
Tue Sep 21 12:12:22 PDT 1999

Lots of interesting contributions on the car.

But in all fairness, I don't think that Alex, Bill, Carrol, Michael,

Doug, Wojtek, Stephen or Carl should be denouncing car use without

telling us how they get about.

Wojtek makes a very closely argued case that the car is a waste of

money. So how about it gents? Have you got rid of your car yet?

Car owner? Cyclist? Public transport to work?

Alex-i walk to work (3 blocks), and generally cycle for errands. I own a car, but generally keep it parked in front of the house. i had to get it for outreach work for the community environmental justice organization i work for.