Canada's anti-corporate crusader

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 3 21:25:36 PDT 2000

Ken Hanly wrote:

> Interesting that the NY times should pick up on some persona
> manufactured by the media rather than more signficant
> hard-hitting critics, [snip]
> >

> > Gloria Steinem recalls watching Ms. Klein at a book promotion in New York,

Both the New York Times and the CIA (in the person of Steinem) approve.

Actually, it's not too funny. One of the things we were unable to protect ourselves sufficiently against in the '60s was the enemy choosing our leaders for us. (Jerry Rubin being a case in point.) And even choosing (or coining) our slogans (don't trust anyone over 30, bra-burning, etc.)

And Michael Yates has just given us a taste of one of the "leaders" the enemy is trying to choose for us now (Mike Nolan) and one of the slogans (Keep China out of WTO).

Without a hegemonic organization or union of organizations on the left

this bound to happen I'm afraid.

Carrol