Media Cops!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Apr 16 11:02:50 PDT 2000

Maria Gilmore wrote:

> they thought they
> were getting all kinds of big-media attention. Which I thought was
> strange, because I wasn't seeing gobs of coverage in any mainstream media
> out here in the Midwest, and I WORK in the media.

Yes -- with one qualification. Earlier in the week the Chicago Tribune gave loud front page coverage to one tiny aspect of the week's events. A huge photo of Anti-China signs labelled UAW! Readers of the Tribune will see the whole week as dividing into some anti-China workers and some kids who made trouble and were perhaps treated badly on the weekend. No issues.

Carrol