DC Jail Update

CranfordJL at aol.com CranfordJL at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 08:06:13 PDT 2000

We received a call from our friend in the DC jail about an hour ago: Most of the jailed protestors were arrested by the DC police, but about 20 were arrested by the US marshal service. The DC police are now willing to accede to the negotiators' requests and release people who desire anonymity with something equivalent to a jay-walking citation, but the US marshal service won't agree. Those arrested by DC police are therefore preparing to engage in some civil disobedience if the DC police try to force them to be released apart from the rest of their group.